I told Becca that I wanted to send our New Years cards that had a picture of us practicing all our possible New Year’s Resolutions at once. We never got around to taking the picture, but here’s the list of resolutions that I’ve been mulling around in my mind:
1. Drink more water (easy, unaccountable, good place to start).
2. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, 10 pm and 7 am.
3. Give up soda (he types with a 44 oz Diet Coke on the coaster nearby).
4. Finish sermons before leaving work on Friday.
5. Play basketball every week.
6. Read the complete NT in Greek this year.
7. Match last year’s weight loss again this year (Easter 2009 – 265 lbs; Currently – 245 lbs)
8. Read more significant books and less insignificant blogs.
9. Fast weekly.
10. Express my passions more and daydream less.
I use the non-committal “musings” because I’m hesitant to call these “goals.” More like good intentions.