Have you guys seen IAmSecond.com? It’s a series of videos of athletes, celebrities, and “normal” people telling the story of why Christ is first in their life. The production quality is unusually high for Christian videos, though the website is starting to show signs of content overload as it attempts to help people move on to next steps.
Thanks, whomever is behind this campaign, for your efforts for the kingdom.
It’s been really fun to be here during the week and see how Renewing Grace has come together. Dylan (who is a Luddite and will never see this), Brian, Sean, Tait… they’ve all done a great job.
At the end of the day, it’s just a box that sits out in the rain and rots. It won’t be here in 1000 years. It’s not a church. But what is exciting about the rotting box is that it represents the fact that the church (ie, the people) are committed to reaching this community for another generation. Christ will build his church. I want to be a part of that.
I told Becca that I wanted to send our New Years cards that had a picture of us practicing all our possible New Year’s Resolutions at once. We never got around to taking the picture, but here’s the list of resolutions that I’ve been mulling around in my mind:
1. Drink more water (easy, unaccountable, good place to start).
2. Go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, 10 pm and 7 am.
3. Give up soda (he types with a 44 oz Diet Coke on the coaster nearby).
4. Finish sermons before leaving work on Friday.
5. Play basketball every week.
6. Read the complete NT in Greek this year.
7. Match last year’s weight loss again this year (Easter 2009 – 265 lbs; Currently – 245 lbs)
8. Read more significant books and less insignificant blogs.
9. Fast weekly.
10. Express my passions more and daydream less.
I use the non-committal “musings” because I’m hesitant to call these “goals.” More like good intentions.